Listening, Reading, Watching: Some new recs
The pandemic has turned our content-crazed society into an even more devouring populace. Just when we thought we'd reached peak streaming, another service pops up that we must sign up for. And yet somehow, we’re left wasting time every night deciding what to watch (if you haven’t seen Abby Wambach’s hilarious IG videos on this theme, treat yourself). I don’t have a lot of down time, but when we do get the kids to bed, or when I take Agnes for a 30-minute walk break, or I'm washing dishes, folding laundry or making lunches, I’ll pop on a British/Scandi crime show or I’ll tune into a podcast.
If you are constantly asking friends for recommendations, let me save you a text or an email. Here are our latest picks:
- Nurture vs. Nurture (a great new podcast on parenting)
- Armchair Expert + Conan are two of my perma go-tos
- Sibling Revelry with Kate and Oliver Hudson (the Crudup ep is my fave)
- Ten Percent Happier with Dan Harris
- You and Me Both with Hillary Clinton (check out her ep with swimmer Diana Nyad)
- Little Fires Everywhere
- Charlotte Gray
- The Indigo Girl
- A Swim in a Pond in the Rain
- Ted Lasso (Apple+, finished in three nights, one of our all-time fave shows)
- The Good Place (Netflix, colleagues insisted we needed to give this another try)
- The Investigation (HBO+, Danish crime, packed into six episodes, really good, based on true story).
- Behind Her Eyes (Netflix, spooky fun British drama)
- Unorthodox (Netflix, I just started)
- Coming to America 2 (silly fun on Prime)
- Virgin River and Sweet Magnolias (cheesy romantic dramas that I blazed through solo)
Share some of your recent faves in the comments below.